Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New hat for new hair

No pattern today. I've got one in the works in the dusty attic of my head. It's tumbling around up there, wondering how slouchy it wants to be and how the cables might look when it's all done.

This afternoon, I get my hair cut! Why, you might ask, is that so significant to warrant a mention here? I've not had my hair cut professionally in almost three years, just by my husband while I hang my head over the back of a kitchen chair. It now reaches to just above the waistband of my pants, but it's all scraggly and full of split ends. Two years ago, for my birthday, my mom gave me a gift certificate to the stylist she uses, but I haven't made the time to get it cut. So anyway, I'm pretty excited!

The weather has been such crap here lately. Thaws out in the afternoon and freezes up at night, which means our lane was been a horrible slop fest. We talked about getting a small loan to buy the rock and gravel we need to put down, but that would interfere with my getting a new vehicle. Dilemmas, dilemmas. Our tax return would be able to cover it, but then we wouldn't be able to buy the new kitchen table we would like. I know, I know. I need to be thankful for the table I have and the vehicle I have, the country house and lane that I have. I know.

So, back in January, on the 16th to be precise, I went to a little yarn shop in Springfield. I was looking for yarn to make a gorgeous blanket in the Interweave Crochet issue that I had gotten awhile back. I sat down with the helpful proprietress and looked at color cards and chose colorways that most closely resembled the ones in the blanket. I ordered the yarn and payed for it, and she gave me one skein that she did have in stock. She told me that the yarn would take a week or two to arrive and that she would call me. I called after two weeks came and went and was informed that the yarn had not come in yet, but that she would check with the manufacturer and get back with me. I let another two weeks go by and called again, and was informed that it still had not shown up and that she would check in on Monday to see what was going on, and that if I didn't hear back from her by Tuesday that I should call. It's now Wednesday and there's nary a ring on my phone. It's very aggravating. I will be calling her again today and hang it all if I made a nuisance of myself. I have, after all, payed for the stuff.

Small child is wanting juice now and I must jump in the shower so that I'm ready for work on time. What a day! I might post a pic of the new 'do when I get home, if I end up liking it.

Alright now, I'm nervous and scared! I'm glad I don't bite my nails anymore, I'd just have stubs today! =o/

No comments:

Post a Comment