Monday, May 17, 2010

Thirty years and counting....

Thirty years. Seems like a long time in some instances. But in the course of a lifetime, not so much. I feel like I'm really starting to live my life. I went from being someone's daughter to someone's wife to someone's mother with no real stops in between to learn who I am to myself. Those steps I took ten years ago, to marry my dearest, most beloved friend were exactly what I needed. He's a solid rock of a man, which was and is something I desperately needed. College wouldn't have worked for me, at a time when I would've made stupid mistakes and bounced around like a game of pinball. I'll get to college eventually, when I've made up my mind what I want to do. For now, I'm contented with being a Mrs. and a mommy. I have a happy family life, which is all the little girl inside of me has ever wanted. We live in a leaky old farmhouse, we drive 11 year old vehicles, we don't have fancy clothes or go on vacation. We do have love in abundance, love in the face of adversity, laughter in even sad times, camaraderie in everything we do. We're evenly yoked, he and I, sharing our strengths and shouldering the weaknesses. So, instead of figuring myself out, my family has taught me who I am, and who I want and need to be.


I'm knitting (yes, knitting) myself a new bag. I got some super SUPER cute material at Joann's and just had to do it.

The blue of the yarn and the background of the fabric is more intense than what is shown in the picture. It's going to be a much smaller bag than what I carry right now, but that could be a good thing. Better for my shoulder anyway. I'll post another picture when I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. I have missed your postings. Never have been a parent, only a wife for 6 years . . but making a family life is the MOST important job on earth . . . and it sounds like you are doing a great job, with your priorities in the correct order. keep up the good work :o} Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Life has been life around here of late. Always something going on, when I just want peace and quiet. I'm quitting my job for the summer to spend time with my kids and I can't wait. I'll work in some design time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    I do not doubt that you're a first class knitter...but your yarns are the best of YOU.
    What you think, feel, believe, hope- it's so very important, it matters possibly more than you can bear to know. YOU come through in the yarn, the words...I see you there, fully, beautifully...in all your Sarahness. Lucky man, blessed family. Keep being YOU, come through whatever, however because because because you're a true wonder. Truly. And when and if an editor is needed, you'll be mine and I'll be yours, if need be.
    Much. Love. Always.

    ReplyDelete