Thursday, June 10, 2010

Necessity Hat


Necessity Hat
So the hat that began out of necessity has finally made it here. Why out of necessity, you may ask? Well, because in my search for a crocheted cabled slouchy hat with an interesting design and twisting cables, I came up empty handed. So, I made one up myself. This pattern will be for sale, I think. But I need to do some testing on it and see how the pattern works out. It's not for the faint of heart, as there are a lot of cross-overs and go-backs and "where-the-heck-am-I-supposed-to-put-this-stitch?" type of stitches. I finished it just in time to wear it out and about at the tail end of the cold weather, but I got quite a few compliments on it. Let me know if you want to try your hand at testing the pattern.

7 comments:

  1. I just so happen to have experience in editing pattern. I have done some for Mountain Colors yarn Co. I would love to test it out and see if I can help you get it ready to sell on your Ravelry Account. You do have one don't you? Any way let me know its gorgeous Sarah. I love the kind of patterns that are made out of necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a pattern tester! I love this hat! I think you will do well with it! My only experience is that I have been crocheting for 35 years or so and I have had a few patterns published by crochet world many years ago! Please let me know! deebriese@yahoo.com

    insomniacwithahook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been a tester but sure would love to give it a try with your project.

    Laura
    ldtoma@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to purchase your pattern!

    r0sedew@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. would love to test this pattern for you if its still available for testing! This is uber cool!my email is yarnedaround@gmail.com and I am on ravelry too as yarnedaround:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have the pattern of this hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really want this pattern. I'll test it, or buy it either way please, please please! Kyla- kjl3694@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete